There will be a Special Meeting of the Preble Shawnee Local School District Board of Education on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. in the Board of Education Office Meeting Room located at 124 Bloomfield Street, Camden, Ohio 45311.
The purpose of this meeting is to approve the following:
- Resolution Declaring the Necessity of Levying an Annual Tax on School District Income
- Resolution Declaring the Necessity of Issuing Bonds and Levying a Maintenance Tax
- Resolution Requesting Fiscal Officer to Certify Maximum Maturity of Bonds
- Certificate as to Maximum Maturity of Bonds
- Submitting Questions to the Electors of the School District
- …and any other resolutions or actions necessary to begin the process of placing an Income Tax Levy and Bond Levy on the March 17, 2020 ballot.
*This is a result of our Community Engagement Process…the Bond Levy is to construct, with assistance from the OFCC a new PK-5 Preble Shawnee Elementary School (millage will be determined for the second resolution that will be approved soon) and a .75% Income Tax for a period of 5 years. This is the first step in placing these two levies on the March 17, 2020 ballot.