Preble Shawnee Logo

Preble Shawnee

Local Schools

  • 124 Bloomfield St
    Camden, Ohio 45311
  • P 937.452.1283
    F: 937. 452.3926
Facebook Icon Twitter Icon

Preble Shawnee Bond Issue Information

The Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC) approved over $29.2 million in state funding for school construction work in the Preble Shawnee Local School District. The district is one of fifteen from across Ohio that received an offer of funding from the Commission, which oversees the state’s school facility renovation and construction program.

Our buildings were assessed recently and were determined that none are up to state standards. Based on our district’s valuation, the state has offered to pay 65% of the costs of two new buildings if the district raises the remaining 35%.

The funding, combined with $22.2 million from our district, will allow us to move forward with the construction of a new Preble Shawnee Elementary and a new Preble Shawnee Middle/High School that will have the capacity for career-technical education.

School districts must raise their local share of the project budget within 13 months before the state funding can be released. Districts that fail to acquire their funding in that period are considered “lapsed,” but can still participate in OSFC programs once they obtain local funding.

This is a critical step in ensuring that the children in our district are in facilities that help support academic achievement. The students, parents, staff, and community members of Arrow Nation are extremely excited about the ability to return our hard earned tax dollars’ home from Columbus to the communities of Camden, Gratis, and West Elkton. Our district is in a unique position to build two 21st century schools without adding to the tax rate that residents were paying in 2015. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a bright future for our children.

I encourage you to stay informed and if you have questions, please contact me via email at bishopm@psarrows.com or stop by the district office. This is an opportunity to build our future together.

Dr. Matt Bishop, Superintendent

********************************************************************************
 
Bond Issue Information for May 2, 2017 Election
 
Bond Issue Flyer for May 2, 2017 Election
 
Bond Issue PowerPoint from Community Meetings
 
Current District Facilities
 
Bond Issue Frequently Asked Questions
 
 
OFCC Assessment of West Elkton Intermediate 
 
 
 
View text-based website